Wednesday, May 26, 2010

frustration

Sorry its been so long.
My roommate/best friend has been sick for the last 5-6 weeks, something to do with her GI system, they are thinking gastroparesis. Meanwhile since she has been sick she has been unable to work. We have been dealing but its getting to the point that Im not sure what we are going to do. She has not worked in a month. She knew that no working=no income. She is working on getting a temporary disability which will include rent assistance and such. I talked to her tonight and asked what our landlord said when she talked to them. Guess what...she hasnt yet! Rent is due in 4 days. I knew she had been waiting to hear from the assistance office, but our landlord is expecting rent, paid in full on the 1st. I am not mad that she is sick and can not work. I am mad that she hasnt taken the initiative to straighten things like this out. It leaves a lot of pressure on me. I have been working a lot of hours in hopes of putting some funds away in savings for emergencies and for vacation. She is my best friend, she is like a sister to me. I know she is frustrated, but this doesnt affect only her. I am trying to be as supportive as I can, trying to keep her from getting depressed, but I cant do it anymore. Im too tired. Physically tired, emotionally drained....I dont know what to do...

No comments: