Monday, May 10, 2010

new life plan

So I know I haven't written in a while, things have gotten a bit stressful in my life with working my fulltime job and fulltime hours at my part time job and a very ill roommate I have been trying to take care of. The theme of my posts are going to be changing a bit, while I am going to keep up my blogs about work and EMS, I am going to start writing about the healthier lifestyle I am struggling to obtain in attempt to not struggle so much. Your thoughts and advice are welcome, but please refrain from any nagging or negative comments on weight loss, etc., I have enough of those running in my head already....

Last week I found and ordered what I hope to be the start of a new, healthier lifestyle for me. I did some research and found Rob Nevins' Skinny Switch Secret.  It has a lot of things I like, it has 24/7 community help via chat rooms, it gives you an easy to follow meal plan, personalized for even the pickiest eater (like me). It also gives you workout tips. It sounds like a simple but effective healthy lifestyle plan, having one "load up" day focusing on some extra carb intake followed by 2 "lean" days and the cyle repeats itself. On your "load up" days it even allows you to treat yourself for one meal or snack to include any takeout favorite or sweetening snack. I guess it works so that your body doesnt get used to one thing. I am going to refer to this not as a diet, but as my new lifestyle change.

I am really hoping that I can motivate myself to start this and stick to it (especially since I paid for it...lol). I am going to try and keep a weekly online recollection of this (Im going to pick a day and try to do a weigh in and update every week), but I will be keeping a more intimate, detailed handwritten journal as to not bore anyone on here. I am starting this weighing in at 300 lbs as of today (thats 18 pounds lighter than I was this past Christmas...). My first weight loss goal is to get to 275 by September 14th, my 26th birthday and long term I'd like to get under 200 pounds.  As I have stated before I have always had problems with motivation to start or continue any plan I have tried before. So if any of you are up for it, I would love to have someone challenge me or at least check in on me weekly to try and help me stay in line with this.

Originally my roommate had intended on trying this with me, but she has been pretty ill the last few weeks with no diagnosis at this time, so while she is simply trying to find foods she can keep in her stomach, I am going to start this full fledge on Friday May 14th. (That's pay day and there are a lot of grceries that need to be bought for this lifestyle change). I not only need to do this, but I want to do this, for me, for my health and to help me in all aspects of my life, physical and emotional. While I have seen the negative impact my lifestyle choices have had on my body for a while now, I have recently been experiencing more and more negative emotional impact, and I definitly do not like it. I frequently find that I don't feel like I have a very good support system (maybe I just choose not to tap into the people who could give me a lot of support due to fear of failure and disappointment), and so I am looking to the few people who graze through here from time to time...Thanks ahead of time and wish me the best of luck!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Awesome! Good luck! I know you can do it :) Come to me if you want to talk to someone :)