Tuesday, May 5, 2009

busy night, adopted soldier

Here I am finally getting to sit down tonight. Tonights been a pretty busy night for us here in Gburg. I finally caught up on my reports, finally got all 3 trucks checked off and fueled, and even got to eat dinner. Golly I love this job!

I recently adopted a soldier in Iraq through SoldiersAngels.com and I am pretty excited about it. They ask you to write a letter a week and send one package a month. While I was researching the legitimacy of the program I came in contact with a second soldier who I have been emailing for a few weeks. I feel honored to write these guys and send them packages in hopes that it will brighten their day, even if only for a few minutes while they put their lives on the line for me. Thats how I look at it anyways. But I am not mentioning this because I want to be told I am good person or anything like that, but so that if anyone is interested in writing them a note of gratitude or thanks Id be thrilled to add it in a goody box or a letter I am writing to them. Its one of the policies that I not give out their personal info, but please email me or message me on here and we can work together on sending something to them if you are interested!

No comments: